Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine. (1 Timothy 5:17 - KJV)
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 - KJV)
All scripture is given by inspiration from God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. (2 Timothy 3:16,17 - KJV)
Whoever believes and holds to Christ's Word, heaven stands open to him, hell is shut, the devil is imprisoned, sins are forgiven, and he is a child of eternal life. That is what this book teaches you - the Holy Scripture - and no other book on earth. - Martin Luther
TCRB - Thompson® Chain-Reference ® Bible (KJV) -
Copyright © 2007, B.B. Kirkbridge Bible Company, Inc.
- An awesome tool for Bible study in the King James Version, an all-time classic and beautiful translation.
LCSB - The Logos Complete Study Bible (ASV)
- The Logos International Edition 1972 - The text of this Bible is that of
The American Standard Edition of the Revised Bible Thomas Nelson, Inc. ©
- The variorum renderings and readings gives great insight into the Word of GOD.
TCB - The Companion Bible (KJV) - Reprinted by Zondervan
with permission of The Bullinger Publications Trust, 1974. All rights reserved.
- another great resource for study. Be keenly aware of E. W. Bullinger's distinct hyper-dispensational view in many places and some rather bazaar and misleading theories. Otherwise, an excellent study tool.
IGENT - Interlinear Greek-English New Testament
(Greek/Literal English/KJV) - All rights reserved, First Zondervan printing
1958, Twentieth printing 1979
- An indispensable tool for New Testament study with the Greek "Textus Receptus" (Stephens, 1550 with Elzevir, 1624 readings in the notes), a literal English lexicon, and the King James Version in the margin. A very powerful New Testament study tool when coupled with a Strong's Concordance.
NASBRE - New American Standard Bible ® (Updated
Edition) Side-Column Reference (NASB) - Copyright © 1996 by The Lockman
- An excellent literal translation with good references for literal and alternative meaning of words and translations.
CSSB - Concordia Self-Study Bible (NIV) -
Copyright © 1986, Concordia Publishing House
- This is the same as the NIV Study Bible (Copyright © 1985, The Zondervan Corporation) with additional notes from a Lutheran (LCMS) perspective.
Reference Books and Commentaries:
YACB - Young's Analytical Concordance of the Bible (KJV)
- by Robert Young - Hendricks Publishers
- Excellent for word studies. Compliments Strong's for a different way of categorizing words with various readings/renderings.
WOTWS - Wilson's Old Testament Word Studies (Unabridged
Edition) - by William Wilson - MacDonald Publishing Company
- A simple to use Hebrew word study guide that is both an exhaustive dictionary and a concordance, since significant English words translated from more than one original Hebrew word have a listing of major Scripture references coded to each original Hebrew word used.
GEC - Greek-English Concordance to the New Testament
(KJV) - by J, B. Smith - Copyright 1955 by Mennonite Publishing House
- A tabular and statistical Greek-English concordance based on the KJV with an English to Greek index.
EDNTW - An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
- W. E. Vine - Copyright © 1985 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Publishers.
- A very nice English to Greek dictionary with over 5,500 entries and the Greek words keyed to Strong's reference numbers. What is really awesome for study are the included various nuances of meaning plus Scripture passages illustrating particular usages.
UBD - Unger's Bible Dictionary (KJV) - Copyright ©,
1961, by The Moody Bible Institute of Chicago.
- Excellent resource. Even has the Hebrew and/or Greek where applicable. Unger's is the goto dictionary.
PCOTB - Popular Commentary of the Bible - Paul E.
Kretzmann - No Copyright
- One of the best complete Bible commentaries available in a four volume set, a favorite among confessional Lutherans since publication of the first volume in 1921
IDWD - Intelligent Design - William A. Dembski -
Copyright © 1999 by William A. Dembski
- Forward by Michael Behe. A fairly straightforward dispensation for Intelligent Design theory on a laymans level.
MCSFID - Mere Creation - Science, Faith &
Intelligent Design - Copyright © 1998 Christian Leadership Ministries
- With contributions by Michael Behe, David Berlinski, Phillip Johnson, Hugh Ross and others - edited by William A. Dembski. Very technical.
CISD - Creation in Six Days: A Defense of the
Traditional Reading of Genesis One - James B. Jordan - Copyright © 1999
by James B. Jordan
- An exegetical, literary, and theological defense of the traditional interpretation of the Genesis account of six-day creation.
ETDAV - Evidence that Demands a Verdict - Josh
McDowell - © Copyright Campus Crusade for Christ, Inc. 1972, 1979
- A classic defense of Christian belief with scholarly, intelligent, and well-grounded answers which will satisfy even the most critical skeptic who is willing to honestly weigh the evidence.
MCCSL - Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis -
Copyright © 1952, C. S. Lewis Pte. Ltd. Copyright renewed © 1980, C.S. Lewis
- A classic - C.S. Lewis sought to explain and defend the beliefs that nearly all Christians at all times hold in common.
TUT - The Unshakeable Truth - Copyright © 2010
by Josh McDowell Ministries and Sean McDowell.
- How you can experience the 12 essentials of a relevant faith with the 12 essential truths of Christianity.
LSCWE - Luther's Small Catechism with Explanation
- Catechism Copyright© 1986 Concordia Publishing House, Explanations Copyright
© 1991 Concordia Publishing House
- This is an excellent tool for doctrine with biblical explanations for belief.
MUFHH - My Utmost For His Highest - Oswald
Chambers (Updated Edition) - Copyright © 1992 by Oswald Chambers Publications
- An awesome daily devotion that touches the very heart of being a true Christian.
TPOJ - The Prayer of Jesus - Hank Hanegraff -
Copyright © 2001 by Hank Hanegraff. Published by W Publishing Group, a unit of
Thomas Nelson Publishers.
- An excellent insight into how to pray and the Lords Prayer.
Scripture Copyright Information
KJV - King James Version - Published 1611, NO Copyright.
ASV - American Standard Version - Published 1901, NO Copyright.
ESV - Scripture taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. For pop-up verses, text provided by the Crossway Bibles Web Service.
NASB - Scripture taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE ®, Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission. www.Lockman.org
NIV1984 - Scripture taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
RSV - Scripture taken from the Revised Standard Version of the Bible, Copyright © 1952 and Copyright © 1946, by Division of Christian Education of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
This site is a work in progress so visit often to find out what's new. Please pray that I will be able to present the Word of God in a way that people will come to Christ and understand the wonderful Gift that God has freely given to us all.
Click for GOD's Plan for Your Salvation.
Besides giving thanks to the LORD for all the wonderful blessings He has bestowed on me, a special thanks goes out to WitnessToday.org for originally hosting this web site. WitnessToday, through their divine calling and graciousness, helped me get started in this ministry. They provide free web site storage and email to all Christian Churches, Ministries and Fellow Believers all over the world. Although they do not charge for their services, they do incur expenses each month. If you would like to support the Witness Today ministry Click Here. This a a tremendous resource for Christians everywhere to witness and spread the wonderful Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Thank You and GOD Bless,